Snapchat Trophies – the what, the why and the how
The darling of the Millennials, of course everyone has heard about Snapchat-the destructive messaging service- but the app has so many quirky little features that even the most avid of Snapchatters fear navigating around the app because there’s too much going on that you just don’t understand.
We understand your problem, and so this is an attempt by us to help you understand one of the most elusive features of Snapchat: trophies.
(In case you’ve been coming across words completely alien to you in the past few lines – Snapchat is a hugely popular social media app using which you can share pictures and videos with your friends. The pictures and videos get deleted after a few seconds, and that’s the twist that’s attracted millions of users worldwide. If you haven’t tried it out, you should definitely.)
So. What are Snapchat Trophies?
Trophies are, as is the case usually, given out in Snapchat when you achieve a goal or a milestone. But, that was pretty straight forward.
Okay, but where are these “trophies”?
Perhaps the reason Snapchat trophies aren’t widely known is that they’re hidden in a corner of the app not a lot people visit very often. But have no fear, TechJuice is here.
Open up the app, and in front of you will be the camera view. All you have to do is pull down the Snapchat ghost. And lo and behold, on the top center you’ll find a Trophy icon. Tap on that and you’ve entered the Trophy Case.
Here’s a screenshot of my trophy case. I’m not an avid Snapchatter, which this picture substantiates.
Cool, cool. But so I opened it up and I only saw lock icons and question marks. What’s up with that?
Trophies are awarded to a Snapchat user for different reasons and milestones but there’s a twist! These reasons and milestones are shrouded in secrecy, so you’ll only find out how to get the trophies… once you’ve gotten them.
BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET THEM!
If you’re one for surprises, you might want to skip this part.
Here are some of the ways you can get the trophies (since no post’s been made officially by Snapchat, these have been scoured from around the internet):
- One Finger Pointed Up – sending a Snap with one Filter applied.
- Two Fingers Point Up or Peace Sign – sending a Snap with Two Filters applied.
- Baby Face – Your Snapchat score hitting 10.
- Sun Face – Snapping with the temperature filter above 100° F.
- Half Moon – Sending 50 Snaps in Night mode.
- Panda Bear – Sending 50 Snaps using Black and White filter.
- Monkey Holding Ears – Sending a Snap without sound.
- Devil Face or Ogre – Having 1000 Snaps using the front-facing camera.
- Ghost – Your Snapchat score hitting 500,000.
- Rainbow – Sending 10 Snaps using 5 or more pen colors.
- Lollipop – Sending 10 Snaps using 5 or more pen colors.
- Artist Palette – Sending 50 Snaps using 5 or more pen colors.
- Gold Star – Your Snapchat score hitting 100.
- Sparkles or Three Stars – Your Snapchat score hitting 1,000.
- Shooting Star – Your Snapchat score hitting 10,000.
- Red and Yellow/Fireworks – Having a Snapchat score of 50,000 but less than 100,000.
- Rocket Ship – Your Snapchat score hitting 100,000.
- Snowflake – Sending a Snap with the temperature filter below freezing.
- Video Tape/VCR – Sending a video Snap.
- Old School Video Camera – Sending 50 video snaps.
- Video Camera – Sending 500 video Snaps.
- Egg in Frying Pan – Sending a Snap between 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM.
- ABCD – Sending 100 Snaps with enlarged text.
- Microscope – Sending 10 zoomed in video Snaps.
- Magnifying Glass – Sending 10 Snaps zoomed in all the way.
- Flashlight/Torchlight – Sending 10 Snaps using the front facing flash.
- Loop One /Rewind – Sending front-facing to rear-facing video snap.
- Loop – Flipping the camera 5 times in one video Snap.
- Flip /Rotate – Flipping the camera 10 times in one video Snap.
Hey TechJuice! Thanks for letting me know. I, literally, have no idea how I could have gone on without this incredibly vital addition to my knowledge.
No problem. May your Snapchatting journey be merry and void of confusion.
We got you.